A more convenient way to get your ticket.
Choose date & timeClose ✕
You can book up to 90 days in advance.
Looking for dates further in the future?
Train operators can only release tickets for sale up to 90 days in advance.
But don't worry, you don't have to miss out - be the first to hear when tickets are available with our FREE ticket alert.
Email me when tickets become available
Going departing after
Why not avoid the station queues by trying an e-Ticket? This is an alternative to a paper ticket, as it is e-mailed to you directly.
You can show your ticket via your Apple Wallet, as a PDF on your phone, print it at home, or open it in our Train Tickets app, the choice is yours.
- Quick and simple! - purchase your ticket and have your e-Ticket e-mailed to you direct
- Print at home or work if you don't have a smartphone
- Hard to lose as it’s saved in our Train Tickets app, Apple Wallet or as a PDF
- View or download your e-Ticket from "My Account" at any time
- Better for the environment - choosing an e-Ticket means you don't need any paper at all!
- Purchase for others - it's easy to buy multiple tickets for your friends or family, all you have to do is forward them the e-mail with the tickets attached
- Travelling for business? Your train tickets are VAT exempt and you can print off the PDF attached to your e-mail for your expenses. You can also request an expense receipt when signed into your account
How do I get an e-Ticket?
Choose the e-Ticket delivery option when you book on our site or Train Tickets app and we’ll e-mail your e-Ticket direct. There are 4 ways to get your tickets so the choice is yours! Scan the barcode on your e-Ticket at the gateline and show this barcode when requested on-board by a member of the train crew.
How do I view my e-Ticket in the Train Tickets app?
All you need to do is download our Train Tickets app, sign-in to your account and view tickets in the ‘My Tickets’ section.
What do I need to do at the station:
If you’re travelling from a station with a gateline, simply tap the barcode on your e-Ticket onto the barcode reader and the barrier will open for you. If a barcode reader is not available then a member of staff will be able to assist you. On-board, simply show the barcode to a member of the train crew when requested.
Download our 'Train Tickets' app from one of the stores below:
If you have any further questions take a look at our FAQs.
Please don't forget to charge your mobile in advance of travel; if you are unable to display your ticket, a new ticket at the full fare will have to be purchased in order to travel. It’s your responsibility to make sure there is sufficient battery so your ticket can be seen.
Ready to get your e-Ticket?