Terms and conditions for #mymumsbest
Choose date & timeClose ✕
You can book up to 90 days in advance.
Looking for dates further in the future?
Train operators can only release tickets for sale up to 90 days in advance.
But don't worry, you don't have to miss out - be the first to hear when tickets are available with our FREE ticket alert.
Email me when tickets become available
Going departing after
- The prize draw is open to all United Kingdom residents over the age of 13 years, except employees of the Promoter (or their families), agents of the Promoter or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain parental consent before entering.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary although a valid Instagram account is required.
- Entries must be made by liking the competition post on CrossCountry's Instagram (@crosscountrytrains) from 8 March 2018, also by uploading a photo of your mother or someone that is special to you to your Instagram page using #mymumsbest in the caption.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. Photographs must not be the property of anyone else. By submitting a photograph, you confirm that you are the sole owner of all copyright in the photograph and that no other person has any other interest or rights in the photograph.
- Each participant must ensure that any person over the age of 18 years old whom is shown in a photograph which they upload in connection with this prize draw has agreed that their image may be used in accordance with these terms and conditions. If persons under the age of 18 years old appear in a photograph uploaded by a participant, that participant must ensure that they have obtained the express permission of that child’s parents or guardians before uploading the photo. By uploading and entering a photograph into this prize draw, each participant confirms that they have obtained any necessary consents, licenses and permissions in respect of the photograph.
- Participants agree that the Promoter may use all photographs (whether a prize winner or not) without payment or royalty, and without any limitation on the duration of such use.
- All participants hereby grant to the Promoter an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide licence in relation to the photographs they submit. The Promoter may make such lawful use of the photographs as it decides in its sole discretion, and may, without limitation, use each photograph in any and all media (including online and in print) for publicity, promotional and news purposes.
- This free prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- Entrants hereby acknowledge and agree that Instagram has no liability whatsoever in respect of these terms and conditions nor the free prize draw to which they relate.
- The opening date for entries is 00.00 on 8 March 2018. The closing date of the prize draw is 23.59 on the 18 March 2018. Entries submitted after this date will not be valid.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- Participants hereby agree that their Instagram post may be used on any of the Promoter’s social media platforms.
- There will be one winner of this prize draw who will receive one prize of two first class return rail tickets for travel on a CrossCountry service anywhere on the CrossCountry network (further details are available at the following link: https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/stations-destinations/route-map).
- The winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on 19 March 2018.
- The winner will be notified via a private message on Instagram and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond to the Promoter by 26 March 2018, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by First Class post not less than 3 working days before their selected travel date, provided that the winner has given the Promoter the required notice in accordance with clause 17 below.
- The winner can choose the travel location and dates but must give the Promoter at least 10 working days’ notice prior to the intended date of travel. Travel must be completed by 19 March 2019 and is subject to the National Rail Conditions of Travel.
- The winner will be responsible for ensuring that they and any person travelling with them are available to travel on their chosen dates.
- Any costs incidental to the fulfilment of the prize other than the delivery of the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions is the responsibility of the winner.
- The prize is subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The Promoter does not accept liability for any lost prizes and no alternative or replacement prize will be offered in such circumstances.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award a prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this prize draw may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is XC Trains Limited of 5th Floor, Cannon House, 18 Priory Queensway, Birmingham B4 6BS.