Two Together Railcard
Get 1/3 off rail fares when you travel together with the new Two Together Railcard.
Choose date & timeClose ✕
You can book up to 90 days in advance.
Looking for dates further in the future?
Train operators can only release tickets for sale up to 90 days in advance.
But don't worry, you don't have to miss out - be the first to hear when tickets are available with our FREE ticket alert.
Email me when tickets become available
Going departing after
What is the Two Together Railcard?
With a Two Together Railcard you can get a 1/3 off rail fares for you and the person you travel with most. If you regularly travel with a friend, partner or family member, this could be the option for you. And, if you split the initial cost of the Railcard, this one works out at the best value.
Together you can save on practical everyday journeys, fun day trips or exciting weekend breaks, as many times as you like. Get cheap train tickets and explore more with a Two Together Railcard.
Your Railcard doesn’t just save you money on travel either, it saves you money on days out, restaurants, hotels and more!
Who is it for?
- Two named people travelling together aged 16 or over.
How much does the Two Together Railcard cost?
- £30 for one year - that’s just £15 each for an entire 12 months! Both travellers must be over 16.
Do I have to be in a couple to use the Two Together Railcard?
Also known as the Couples Railcard, you might be surprised to hear that you don’t actually need to be in a couple to own one! You might choose to get one with your best friend, a family member or even a business partner.
As long as it’s the two named people on the card travelling together, and you’re both over 16, you can take advantage of great savings.
What do I need to apply for a Two Together Railcard?
If you buy the Two Together Railcard online, the only things you need are:
- Two separate digital photos (one for each person named on the Railcard) saved to your computer
- A debit or credit card
You can also buy a Two Together Railcard at any staffed station ticket office or National Rail-licensed Travel Agent. You can do this on the day you are travelling.
If you're applying at a station for the first time, here's what you'll need to do:
- Complete an application form - download a copy of the application form here.
- Provide two separate passport-sized photos, one of yourself and one of the other named cardholder.
What happens next?
Once purchased you'll be sent a code. Simply download the Railcard app and upload the card onto your phone, and you can start using it straight away.
If not they aim to dispatch your Railcard within one working day of you ordering it, but it’s probably best to allow up to five working days for your Railcard to arrive. It’ll be sent out free of charge by First Class post, but, if you prefer, you have the option to pay for Special Delivery.
Where and when can I use my Railcard?
The Two Together Railcard gets you 1/3 off Standard Anytime and Off-Peak fares, as well as Standard Advance and First Class Advance fares. For more information on when you can use your railcard, read the full list of applicable fares.
When buying your train tickets through the CrossCountry mobile app, follow these simple steps to claim your discount.
- Put in your origin and destination as normal
- Click on the drop-down menu on the tab that says '1 adult, no railcards or promotions'
- From here, click on 'Add railcard' followed by 'Select a railcard'
- Scroll down to ‘Two Together Railcard’, select this then click on the 'Done' button and after that, the 'Get times & tickets' prompt
At this stage, you should see the discount applied, and you should be able to follow the booking flow to the checkout page.